If puckering is painful and pursing is too much to bear, you’re probably suffering from chapped lips. Harsh winter weather, dry heated air indoors, and a habit of constantly licking your lips can all help dry out the skin of your lips by causing the moisture in them to evaporate. The result is rough, cracked, sensitive lips that leave you little to smile about.
Protecting your lips from chapping is not only important for appearance and comfort, but for health. Cold sores, bacterial infections, and other problems are more likely to strike lips that are already damaged by chapping.
Here’s what you can do to keep your lips soft and moist:
1. Start by caring for lips nightly with a light exfoliating treatment and application of moisturiser. You can make a sugar scrub at home by combining a teaspoon of sugar and a few drops of water.
2. Follow up exfoliation with an application of hydrating lip treatment, we love Pevonia’s Lip Smoothing Balm, however, even a light layer of pure Olive Oil will do the trick. In the morning, slick on a coat of moisturiser before you begin your makeup routine. Allow it to sink in while you apply your other makeup first and then blot lips before applying lip primer, lip liner and lipstick.
3. Assuming lips are prepped in advance, begin by applying a lip base to enhance lipstick wear and banish colour bleeding.
4. Lip liner is a must. If you don’t have the matching liner, opt for a neutral shade.
Experts always seem to recommend applying lip liner first, but novices know that leads to chalky, overdrawn lip lines. I recommend applying one coat of lipstick after the base, and then blotting lips. Next, apply lip liner and then reapply lipstick.
5. If the change from sparkly lips to matte is too much for you, add some shine by dotting a touch of eye shadow in gold or silver to the centre of your bottom lip to add shimmer.
6. You should try to avoid over exposure to the sun rays as they can absorb moisture from your lips and make them dry. If you have to spend a lot of time outdoors, use the lip balm which has a SPF to protect them from the sun.
ELES lip products are ideal to help alleviate the discomfort of chapped lips. As well as providing a great lick of fashion colour, the formula’s are all combined to create the perfect lip treatment. Sun protection, hydrating ingredients and conditioners are just a few of the great goodies packed in this collection.
Lip primer is the secret weapon of every beauty pro. Pro Lip Primer SPF 15 enhances lipstick wear and makes lips appear fuller and more sensuous, thanks to our exclusive peptide plumping complex. Super anti-oxidants and SPF 15 combine to shield lips from sun damage, dehydration and environmental stress.
Creamy, long-lasting, feather resistant. High pigment level. Micro-bubble spheres continually release special conditioners that keep colour looking ‘just applied’ for hours longer.
Rich, cream colour and protective treatment in one. ELES Micro-Bubble Lipstick is the perfect choice after dermatological procedures, such as lip collagen injections. “Micro-bubbles” continually release conditioners to keep lips soft and colour fresh for hours.
Long-lasting, waterproof and creamy texture all in one. Extended-wear technology keeps colour from smearing and fading.
Finishing touch for every look. ELES Automatic Long-lasting Lip-liner is long lasting, waterproof and creamy texture in one automatic pencil. Propel-repel mechanism dispenses colour easily without sharpening. Preservative free and mineral oil-free. Contains anti-oxidants and Vitamins C and E.
Imagine… lush, full lips sparkling like precious gems. Fortified with real Diamond Dust, new LipTox delivers this million-dollar shimmer and leaves a soft tint for the sexiest of lips.
The proof is in the pout. The latest breakthrough in cosmeceutical technology, LipTox goes beyond plumping to make lips look smoother, fuller and years younger. Instantly fills in lines. Rich in marine filling collagen to absorb natural moisture.
Plumps now and later. Maxi-lip, a plumping peptide complex not only volumizes, but works over time to stimulate on-going collagen. Banishes wrinkles. Contains Dermaxyl, an advanced peptide, known for it’s long-term wrinkle-smoothing benefits
Boosts hydration. Sodium Hyalauronate, nature’s skin plumper, attracts water, making lips appear more voluptuous.This extraordinary formula is lightweight, non-sticky and won’t burn or irritate lips.
When only the best will pass the test. We’ve paired high shine and great shades to create the ultimate lip gloss. This is the ultra-brilliant formula that delivers transparent shine, sensuous shimmer, and sumptuous shades. Super-easy to apply in its very own applicator tube. Just Super Gloss and go!
Ultra-brilliant formula delivers transparent shine. Easy glide on applicator tube makes application easy and quick. ELES Super Gloss’s non-sticky formula contains anti-oxidant Vitamins A and E.
Lip treatment, sun protection and a sheer wash of colour all in one easy applicator tube. Ultra conditioning formula hydrates and prevents dry chapped lips. Protecting your lips and looking good has never been so easy! Available in super-easy applicator tube.
Super-protective, super-radiant. Serious lip-caring balm with a high-shine shimmer. Never feels sticky or tacky. Free radical fighting Vitamins A & E, plus sunscreen, keeps lips looking young and healthy. ELES Super Balm SPF 15 can be worn alone, or over Micro-Bubble lipstick for extra radiance.
So now there’s no need for dry, chapped lips in Winter, take a few minutes each day to care for your lips and use only the best treatment makeup for the perfect pout.
To find your nearest ELES stockist or purchase products online, visit www.elescosmetics.com.au