We’ve covered green, we’ve mastered blue, now we’re on to the most widespread eye colour there is; brown. Although the brown-eyed beauties may be the most common, they are far from dull thanks to the myriad of unique shades. From the deep, dark browns to lighter shades and more hazel tones, brown eyes have a depth of colour like no other.
If you’re sporting a pair of brown peepers, you really have scored in the makeup stakes. There isn’t all that much that doesn’t suit you and you can experiment with all kinds of looks and colors.
Learn to Love…
There’s not a lot you shouldn’t learn to love when you’ve got brown eyes. Most shades suit and the world is your cosmetics oyster! Unlike other eye colours, matching your eyeshadow to your irises can do your huge favours. Start to embrace brown-on-brown with a bronze shade like Bronzite.
Generally speaking, shades that are lighter than the natural color of your eyes can be used to create a subtle look whereas shades that are darker and more intense will lend a dramatic look to your eyes.
Try these hues on for size…
– Blue – especially blue-grey shades
– Purple and violet
Steer Clear of…
There’s not much you can’t pull off, experiment with as many hues as you please.
Your Everyday Eyes…
1. Apply a highlighter to the eyelid right towards the eyebrow.
2. Take an indigo shadow and apply it from the inner corner of your eyelid and sweep it out to the outer corner of your eye, with the line getting thicker as you go. Blend well.
4. Take a touch of violet and apply to the inner corners of your eyes and blend into the indigo well
5. Apply plum eyeliner and black mascara
6. Use a brow pencil to define your brows