We thought we’d start a regular ‘Best Makeup for’ segment on the blog to answer some of the questions we know you need answered. We’re going to put the spotlight on different features each Friday and give you a fast guide to making it work.
If you’d like to hear about something specific, we’re more than happy to help out. Just let us know on our Facebook page or in the comments below!
To kick it all off, we’ll be focusing on eye colours beginning with green eyes.
Green eyes are a rarity and those lucky enough to have them are sure to turn more than a few heads, especially if they know how to work them! Follow our flash guide to perfecting your eye look and you’re sure to leave people green-eyed with envy!
The gorgeous and talented Adele has stunning green eyes that she really knows how to work to her advantage!
Learn to Love…
They say opposites attract, right? Well that certainly is the case for you green-eyed beauties! Anything with red tones will help bring out the green in your irises.
The following shades will help bring out your eyes…
– warm shades
– browns, particularly chocolate tones
– hunter green (great for a night out when you want to amp it up)
– gold or copper highlights
– taupes and apricots as highlighters
– plums and purples (you can also try a plum mascara to really send your lashes fluttering)
Steer Clear of…
– blue shades
Your Everyday Eyes…
1. Apply a highlighter to the eyelid right towards the eyebrow.
2. Use a taupe or apricot next and apply it to the whole eyelid and blend it just above the crease
3. Then use your third color (chocolate brown, dark green, copper, etc.) and apply it from the inner corner of your eyelid and sweep it out to the outer corner of your eye. It will get thicker the further out you go. Blend well.
4. Apply a chocolate eyeliner and mascara as you normally would
5. Use a brow pencil to define your brows – it helps bring out any eyes!
Your Product Prescription…
Signature Quad in Trend Maverick