During winter, when our skin is pale and often dull, blush climbs the beauty ranks and becomes a makeup bag staple even for girls who normally neglect it completely. Done right, blush puts just the right amount of colour into your face to give you a healthy glow. Done wrong, you could be mistaken as a carnival attraction.
Luckily, creating the natural, blushing beauty look of stars like Leighton Meester is easy to do…
Choosing a Blush
The main rule for choosing a blush colour is to work with, not against, your skin tone. If you want to test, pinch your cheeks to see what colour you naturally blush and try to match with that.
Many people have just the one blush that they use for every occasion but have two or three can help you can achieve different looks depending on your mood.
You can create a pretty pink illuminated blush like Leighton Meester wears in the above picture with our Colour Tides Mineral Shimmering Powder in Flush of Pink for night then go with a matte look blush for the day. It’s all a matter of what sort of look you want to achieve.
Our Mineral Blush Compact in Rose Marble suits just about anybody and is a great place to start if you’re not a blush connoisseur just yet. And if you’re after a soft focus finish, our Mineral Gemstone Finishing Powder in Blush will do the trick.
How to Apply:
1. Finish off your base of primer and foundation and let it sink in and dry completely before you apply blush.
2. Take a high-quality Angle Blush Brush and sweep it across your blush compact then tap any excess powder off. Remember you can always add more blush but removing it becomes tricky so go for less product to begin with and build if you feel it’s necessary,
3. Look in the mirror and smile as if Ryan Gosling just brought you six cupcakes to find out where the apples of your cheeks are.
4. Gently tap the brush onto the apples of your cheek, starting from the roundest portion and tapping lightly upwards and towards your temple.
5. If it’s not intense enough for you, repeat these steps.
Happy blushing beauties!