Washing your makeup brushes should be a regular part of your beauty routine! Makeup, dirt, oil and sometimes bacteria can get trapped in the bristles leading to clogged pores and bothersome breakouts.
Another benefit of keeping your brushes squeaky clean is the softness factor. Makeup residue on your brushes can make them feel scratchy and prevent a smooth, fluid application of makeup. You want your brushes to feel soft and luxurious against your skin!
Here’s a guide to keep your makeup brushes clean like a pro…
- Run the brush under lukewarm water
- Fill a bowl with lukewarm water and shampoo, gently swirl your brush tip in the water. For an additional clean, swirl the brush on the palm of your hand to work up a lather.
- Rinse the brush tip under running water until the water runs clean from the brush.
- Use a cloth to wipe your brush clean, reshaping the bristles as you go
- Lay your brushes flat on a dry cloth and do no reuse until completely dry
There you have it, clean as a whistle!