This week saw the very first Australian Vera Wang boutique open it’s doors and we’ve got wedding fever. Whether you’re the bride, a maid, the mother of the bride or a guest, you’re going to want a subtle but glamorous makeup look for the big day.
Although it is common for brides to hire a professional makeup artist for their big day, many women prefer to do their own makeup. In fact, it was rumored that the Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton did her own makeup for her wedding day after taking professional courses! If you’re a bride who feels more comfortable being in control of the makeup brushes you should absolutely go for it.
We’ve put together a look that is simple, elegant and easy to achieve…
1. Apply a light layer of Mineral Eyeshadow in Opal over the entire eyelid to “open” and brighten the eyes, brush excess with a large fluff brush.
2. Apply several layers of Opal to the inside eye contour. For added intensity use a damp brush
3. Apply Mineral Eyeshadow in Bronzite to the outer corner of the eye working upwards and outwards and blending well.
4. Use a damp lip brush to apply a fine line of Bronzite beneath the lower lashes.
5. Apply a fine line of Powder Liner Pencil in Chocolate through the upper lashes and tapering out to a soft flick extending beyond the outer eye. Use the smudger to soften the line.
6. Take your Lush Mascara in Lush Black and apply a very light layer to upper and lower lashes using slow sweeping motions and fanning the lashes out. Allow to dry and apply another light layer to the tips of the lashes. Comb the lashes to separate with a lash comb.
Take your Mineral Finishing Powder in Sunsheen and swirl product onto a large fluff brush and shake away excess, gently press into the apples of the cheeks blending out towards the ear. Apply the remaining product to the temples and below the jawline to define the contours.
1. Using a Lip Brush apply an even layer of the Microbubble Lipstick Micro Teaberry to the lips and blot with a tissue. Reapply and Blot again.
2. Apply a generous coating of Liptox in Princess to the centre of the lips.