The scorching heat and humidity of the summer months could make dressing up for work or for a party a bit hard since that would include not only the attire that you’re wearing but also your makeup as well. During the summer season, our skin tends to produce more oil so the kind of makeup you use matters. Foundation tends to melt or liquefy, and little beads of sweat ruin your look. Prevent your makeup from melting down by following these tips:
- Skip the foundation and use a light oil free moisturiser like the ELES Mineral Sheer Tint with SPF 20 (this great product is a tinted moisturizer and sunscreen in one!). Should you really need maximum coverage for dinner dance parties or weddings, opt for a foundation that is self-setting and oil-free like the ELES Mineral Liquid Foundation with SPF 15. It holds onto your skin for a longer time while keeping your skin looking all natural and glowing.
- Go easy on the blush! During the day, sport a healthy look by using the ELES Mineral Bronzing Duo which is a bronzer and finishing powder in one. Trust us, you’ll look fabulous with this one! For evening look, go for a barely there makeup by applying a very thin layer of ELES Mineral Blush (the shade is buildable from bare to rich so you don’t need to do the a lot of blending).
- Look for long-wearing mascara and eyeliner. Most would prefer pencil but thanks to ELES’ creator Liane Scior, she knows that a lot of us women need. We now have a long wearing LiquiLiner which helps you achieve that perfectly sculpted eyes without having to worry about the summer sweat! Browse through our collection here.
- The environment’s heat could chap your lips. Keep them protected and moisturised with the ELES Super Balm for super radiant, super healthy pout!
- And our most important tip is this: Look for all-natural cosmetics with SPF to protect your face from the sun’s harmful UVA & UVB that may cause skin pigmentation. Opting for all natural makeup products also keeps your skin acne-free.