Last week Adele made headlines not for her incredible talent but because king of fashion Karl Lagerfeld used the dreaded ‘f’ word in relation to the much-loved star, saying, “The thing at the moment is Adele. She is a little too fat, but she has a beautiful face and a divine voice.” Now, this certainly isn’t the worst thing Mr Lagerfeld has said but this backhand compliment just didn’t seem necessary and it certainly made Adele fans cranky.
It all came out in the wash when the classy 23-year-old not only came back at the taunt saying, “I’ve never wanted to look like models on the cover of magazines. I represent the majority of women and I’m very proud of that” but showed up to the Grammys looking nothing short of a confident, happy and incredibly beautiful woman…
The super star, who is performing at the awards ceremony tonight, is rocking a retro beauty look that brings 60’s glam, Mad Men and the golden ages of Hollywood to mind. We love the look so we thought we’d share some tips on how to achieve her winged eyeliner and perfect red pout.
This look is easier to achieve than it looks, we promise!
1. Take a light coloured eyeliner pencil like ELES Automatic Long Lasting Eyeliner in Bark to gently draw on your ‘wings’. Hold your eye lid with one corner and work gradually ffrom the inner corner to the middle. Start with a thin line, then work up to a thicker line towards the outer corner. Fix any mistakes with a Q-tip and step away from the mirror!
2. After a minute or two away from the mirror, come back and check to see if the lines are symmetrical. You’ll know at a glance!
3. Take your ELES Liqui Liner in Anisette and, again starting at the inner corner, trace over the line with a steady hand. It may help you to have your elbow on a table.
4. For the bottom line, we suggest you use ELES Powder Liner Pencil in Coal. Use a broad stroke running over into the inner eyelid. Use the sponge tip to softly blend.
For every da, it’s easy to just put your lippy on while you’re on the go. But for a special occasion like the Grammys (or a mate’s party) best you take some time to ensure your lipstick, well, sticks.
1. For long-term care, we suggest you buy a very soft toothbrush and use it to exfoliate your lips once or twice a week. We also love Pevonia’s Lip Range which will help you maintain youthful lips.
2. Apply a lip primer like ELES Pro Lip Primer SPF15
3. Pick your lipstick shade then choose the best fit ELES Automatic Longlasting Lip Liner. For a red like Adele’s, we suggest Earth Red.
4. Ensure your pencil is sharpened and your lips are moisturised but dry and carefully trace around your lips using the pencil at a slight angle. Fix any mistakes with a Q-tip
5. Once you’re happy with the line, take your ELES Contoured Lip Brush and the lipstick of your choice (we suggest ELES Micro Bubble in Micro Red). Work a generous amount lipstick onto your hand to slightly warm it then coat the lip brush both back and front.
6. Start applying from the inside of your lips, moving upwards in small strokes until you reach the outer edges. Continue this way until you’re happy with your pout.
EXTRA: If you’re a girl who likes her gloss, we suggest you apply a small dollop of ELES Super Gloss in clear to the middle of your lips for a bit of shine.
This may seem like a lot of steps just for red lips but we guarantee you’ll be impressed with the results! It just takes the right tools, a little patience and a lot of love.
And here’s one more pic of the stunning Adele, just because we love her!
Share and Enjoy